The STONES
(Nope, not the Mick Jager kind...)
Andy has been suffering from some pretty intense stomach pain for just under a month now. He went to see a doctor and found out that his gallbladder is full of stones. (Gulp!) Now I feel bad about insinuating he "suck it up" and "by the way, Elliott was a 9+ lb baby!"
We are trying to manage the problem via diet for a week or two by cutting out fatty foods, acidic foods and dairy foods (basically, he should just go and graze in the back yard...) If that doesn't do the trick, the doc is going to schedule him for surgery to have this useless organ removed.
As such, Andy checked into our health insurance plan to mentally arrange how this will work out should he need the surgery. OUCH. We found out that the real pain begins when the invoice is sent. Apparently, having your gallbladder removed is considered an "ELECTIVE" surgery, and will therefore only be covered up to 30%. (I have so many sarcastic wise cracks swirling around my head to dignify how outrageous that notion is, my brain is throbbing.)
Being the financially driven character my husband is (which by the way, supports my theory about how the stones first showed up) Andy has decided that this could be a wonderful case of mind-over-matter and has stopped whining about the rabbit food I've been feeding him. However, if you have any great low-fat recipes, please send them my way; I'm running out of ideas!
Andy has been suffering from some pretty intense stomach pain for just under a month now. He went to see a doctor and found out that his gallbladder is full of stones. (Gulp!) Now I feel bad about insinuating he "suck it up" and "by the way, Elliott was a 9+ lb baby!"
We are trying to manage the problem via diet for a week or two by cutting out fatty foods, acidic foods and dairy foods (basically, he should just go and graze in the back yard...) If that doesn't do the trick, the doc is going to schedule him for surgery to have this useless organ removed.
As such, Andy checked into our health insurance plan to mentally arrange how this will work out should he need the surgery. OUCH. We found out that the real pain begins when the invoice is sent. Apparently, having your gallbladder removed is considered an "ELECTIVE" surgery, and will therefore only be covered up to 30%. (I have so many sarcastic wise cracks swirling around my head to dignify how outrageous that notion is, my brain is throbbing.)
Being the financially driven character my husband is (which by the way, supports my theory about how the stones first showed up) Andy has decided that this could be a wonderful case of mind-over-matter and has stopped whining about the rabbit food I've been feeding him. However, if you have any great low-fat recipes, please send them my way; I'm running out of ideas!


4 Comments:
I have a great Weight Watcher's Cookbook called "Dinning for Two" it's got some quick, great tasting, low fat meals. I can get it to you if you want to try it.
I would LOVE to take a peek at it! Thanks cuz!!!
try the Weight Watchers website. They've got a lot of recipes you can download even if you're not a member. And I've got a great light summer pasta that I'll email you--if you use whole grain pasta (or even that Barilla "Plus") It should be good. :)
I love that new Barilla Plus (because I love pasta so much...)
Any new pasta recipe would be greatly appreciated and yes, I will be checking out the WW website. I've been making pastas, stir fry's, wraps and more salads than you can stick a shake at! Thank you so much!
Post a Comment
<< Home