Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A Great Book

A girlfriend of mine who is studying psychology (unlike Tom Cruise) suggested I take a 60-question test in a book that I'm borrowing from her entitled "Your Personality, Your Health" (by Carol Ritberger).

Based on your answers, the book suggests that your personality can be narrowed down to one, sometimes two, distinct colors. (I am a green, with orange close on my heels.) Anyway, Upon reading this book, your color will then provide you with information related to your social interactions, your habits and even your health.

Here is a quick blurb that I pulled from the author's website about this particular book:

"Your Personality, Your Health explores this premise in depth and presents a compelling case for just such a connection. This book is unique in its subject matter and the manner in which it connects the human energy system with predictable behavioral characteristics dictated by our personalities. It offers a variety of perspectives to enable you to better understand yourself, why you become ill, and where in your physical body you are most susceptible to creating illness. As the reader you will be encouraged in your efforts to change the thoughts, emotions, and habits that may be holding you back; to accept yourself for who you are; to embrace the innate creativity and wisdom you hold inside; and to learn how to love the uniqueness you bring to this world."

Let me know if you end up getting the book and/or taking the quiz. (That includes you quiet viewers too!) As I read, I can't help but guess what some of my friends might be and would love to see how close I am.

3 Comments:

Blogger Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

If the test isn't long, fax it to me and I'll let you know.

July 07, 2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

brown. I think i'd be brown. Or that baby poop green color. Is that in there?

July 08, 2005 9:46 PM  
Blogger Felecia said...

Sorry cuz; no fecal colors really:)

There is RED, ORANGE, GREEN and YELLOW. To make it easier, the author compares each color/personality to it's function in a vehicle. RED: The Motor; makes things work and move. ORANGE:(Libby) The windshield, roof and windows; protecting all of its occupants. GREEN: (me) The leather seats, speaker system and sunroof; "cushy fun stuff" and YELLOW: (my mom) The fuel injection system; everybody knows its essential but has no idea how they work! (they hit that one on the head!) I would guess you to be a combo of green and yellow.

July 09, 2005 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home