Tuesday, August 09, 2005

"UNCLE!"

I awoke today with the spirit of an Olympian. The finish line perhaps not apparent to the naked eye, but attainable to those with stealth. My to-do list was folded neatly in my purse, my coffee was half drunk and the boys, well, splattering the mirror with gooey toothpaste. But that didn't discourage me in the least, because you see...Momma's on a mission.

Only 27 days left until school starts.

Gone are the days of scoffing at premature commercials depicting kids boarding a school bus. Just as I have made the solemn parental vow to ensure an earlier bedtime, I also vow this day that I will NOT be that crazed last-minute shopper wondering just where all of the number 2 pencils and size 7 pants went.
.
.
.
.
2 Targets, 1 Target Greatland, a Marshall's, a Famous Footwear, and an Educational Outfitter's later... I am a shell of a woman who has yet to accomplish the now crumpled up and scribbled upon to-do list she wanted to desperately to conquer.

I'm going to the park.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandi said...

Oh man, I'm worried, we're school shopping this weekend :0 27 days till your kids start school??!?!?! OUrs start the 23rd of August!!!

August 10, 2005 6:42 AM  
Blogger Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

I would have thought our marathon IKEA day would have prepared you better for that task. Call me, I am game for shopping of ANY sort :)

August 10, 2005 7:29 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Yeah, school shopping...I don't even know what day Evy starts...I guess I'd better get on that, huh?
I say relish. relish the last days of summer and being at the park, or the lake, or Valley Fair! Pants-Schmants.(I fully realize though, that I won't be saying that when I finally realize evy starts in a few weeks and I'm not at all prepared. What could a preschooler really need though, right?)

August 10, 2005 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home