Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Cloudy With Chance of Sun

The unforgiving cloud called cancer has found its way back into the unsuspecting lives of the loved ones around me. At approximately 3 o’clock Wednesday afternoon, Andy and I were informed that Grandpa Wiberg (Andy’s maternal grandfather) is its latest victim. They’re telling us it’s in the lungs and it's advanced.

While I am inclined to hang my head and fight back tears at the news, I am comforted by the very words that Grandpa Jerry (as the boys refer to him) told Andy during their visit. “Hey, it’s okay. I had a good run and I'm ready.” I’ve never known him to be a man of many words but I’ve found that when he does speak, we listen. What a wonderful way to comfort those around him (especially his grandchild.)

I pray for those loved ones around me who are hurting and I pray especially that the inevitable reunion between Jerry and Pam is as spectacular as I imagine it to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Felecia said...

HERE HERE!

May 05, 2005 2:24 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Felesh, I'm so sorry. Please know the Schoebs are here for you guys, whatever you need. We love you guys!

May 09, 2005 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home