To be a Younger Brother
I read a children's book the other day entitled "Me Too". It's a wonderful little book about how a younger brother looks up to and wants to be just like his older brother.How funny that a simple little children's story could lend so much perspective to this mother of two. As Elliott's voice read this book aloud to Noah, it occurred to me that Noah is challenging himself every minute of every day to keep up with us, and above all, to keep up with Elliott.
It's got to be exhausting! He plays every game, he does every trick, and partakes in every super hero showdown. When it's time for fooseball, he knows right where to get his stool in order to reach the game; when it's computer time, he knows right where to find the second chair to sit alongside of Elliott and wait for direction (well, most of the time!)
I've always smiled upon Elliott's brothering skills and enjoyed watching him turn into a mentor. This little book, however, helped me admire my little Noah in a whole new light for loving Elliott so much!


2 Comments:
I wish I could relate....Jonah has been BEGGING for a little brother lately. How cool though to see that relationship through your boys. they sould like great kids!
sigh. how wonderful. I am looking forward to (in no small part thanks to your stories of your boys) watching this little relationship with Evy and Baby Schoeb develop.
Post a Comment
<< Home