I ended up peeking, and now I'm FREAKING
As you may remember, I had posted about wanting to see a movie that invoked my curiosity. The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Well, yesterday I broke down and borrowed it from my sister-in-law and let me tell you, I AM TERRIFIED.
I'm a pretty big baby when it comes to scary movies, and an even bigger baby at that when the scariness involves dark forces of evil - - demonic influence, if you will. I believe in a Christian God and as a such, I can't dismiss the possibility that his foe exists. I thank God all the time for small (and not-so-small) favors. Given that theory, I tend to blame Satan for a few setbacks. That's about as far as I'm going to delve into the theological side of things, but at least you get a taste of where I stand.
After putting the kids to bed, I settled into my recliner with a fuzzy throw and cup of tea. Andy came home from an ambulance call just after the credits started and found that I was already nervous and jittery. About 30 minutes into the movie, I abandoned my post on the recliner and nudged Andy over on couch. About 10 minutes after that, Andy was thoroughly annoyed with my scary movie-watching habits. Not only did he have to contend with my incessant shivering, but he had to play 20 questions for each scene that started with scary music. I won't watch the TV, but instead I watch his face or cover my eyes. The only problem with this method is that I still want to know what is happening, so I needle him.
"What's going on?"
"Nothing"
"Why is the music scary?"
"She's just standing there."
"Something has to be happening other than that - just LISTEN to the music!"
"She looked at a guy and he had a demon face."
"I'M PRETTY SURE THAT'S SOMETHING!"
"YOU WATCH IT THEN!"
Perhaps the most annoying part for Andy is that he was the one who didn't want to watch the film. And here he is...Narrating for me. And I am watching the dog.
Anyway, we shut off the movie right about the time Father Whoever said "Please restrain Emily. We're going to start the exorcism now."
That's all it took for me. In order to get my mind off of that, I had to watch two (YES TWO) episodes of South Park. I finally fell asleep around midnight and when I woke up around 4:30 a.m., you can bet I couldn't fall back to sleep.
Now I am annoyed because I know I have to finish the movie. I can't just leave it - - - can I???
I'm a pretty big baby when it comes to scary movies, and an even bigger baby at that when the scariness involves dark forces of evil - - demonic influence, if you will. I believe in a Christian God and as a such, I can't dismiss the possibility that his foe exists. I thank God all the time for small (and not-so-small) favors. Given that theory, I tend to blame Satan for a few setbacks. That's about as far as I'm going to delve into the theological side of things, but at least you get a taste of where I stand.
After putting the kids to bed, I settled into my recliner with a fuzzy throw and cup of tea. Andy came home from an ambulance call just after the credits started and found that I was already nervous and jittery. About 30 minutes into the movie, I abandoned my post on the recliner and nudged Andy over on couch. About 10 minutes after that, Andy was thoroughly annoyed with my scary movie-watching habits. Not only did he have to contend with my incessant shivering, but he had to play 20 questions for each scene that started with scary music. I won't watch the TV, but instead I watch his face or cover my eyes. The only problem with this method is that I still want to know what is happening, so I needle him.
"What's going on?"
"Nothing"
"Why is the music scary?"
"She's just standing there."
"Something has to be happening other than that - just LISTEN to the music!"
"She looked at a guy and he had a demon face."
"I'M PRETTY SURE THAT'S SOMETHING!"
"YOU WATCH IT THEN!"
Perhaps the most annoying part for Andy is that he was the one who didn't want to watch the film. And here he is...Narrating for me. And I am watching the dog.
Anyway, we shut off the movie right about the time Father Whoever said "Please restrain Emily. We're going to start the exorcism now."
That's all it took for me. In order to get my mind off of that, I had to watch two (YES TWO) episodes of South Park. I finally fell asleep around midnight and when I woke up around 4:30 a.m., you can bet I couldn't fall back to sleep.
Now I am annoyed because I know I have to finish the movie. I can't just leave it - - - can I???


3 Comments:
Holy cow, I would.....I never would have made it past the credits. I too believe in Satan and think it's possbile for people to be possesed. I saw a man once when I was 11 who was possesed and watched as the church cast the demon out. It is burned into my memory forever. Not sure I could watch it again!!!!
i don't mind scary movies, but i have to say that even this one i tend to look away from when i see the case... there are just sensitive matters i don't think we should play with...
are you really going to finish it???
A few days have gone by now and I've stopped feeling nervous about this movie. While I am terrified of the idea of demons, etc., I am reminded that I belong to a much stronger being. If nothing else, the movie's helped me "re-flex" my muscles in that area.
ps No - I have not yet finished the movie. Not sure if I will or not.
Post a Comment
<< Home