Sunday, February 26, 2006

My Tough Guy

My very short drive home from work on Thursday evening had me bracing myself; two cars had darted out in front of me so quickly I almost had an anxiety attack; add that to the fact that nearly every piece of office equipment had been breaking down that day and I was beat.

I walked through the door to see that mom appeared the same ~ she was shaking her head and sighing. We both started in on our days (very similar) and then finally took our respective breaths to give turns. When her time came, she said that the boys were monkeying around and Noah ended up falling down and hit his head. She said that he had scratched his forehead - but that it was nothing because she couldn't notice it any longer. We continued talking about our days when until the boys started squabbling downstairs; when they came up tattling on each other, I noticed that Noah's hair was wet; he was holding a red marker in one hand and juice in the other so when I noticed that the substance in his hair was red, I tried hard to connect the dots to what it could be. It took a nanosecond for me to realize that this substance was blood and that the fall Noah had taken had indeed done more damage that the eye could see (especially to poor gramma who didn't have her glasses on!) As it turns out, a gash that rests atop a goose egg really doesn't like to stop bleeding! The alleged scratch gramma noticed was simply a streak of blood that had trickled from the wound. A friend of ours was working in the Emergency Room at a nearby hospital and BLESS HIS HEART, he had Noah stapled up in no time.

Deciding that numbing the scalp up first would only hurt more, Dr. Incredible put 2 staples into Noah's head while the lad was distracted with stickers. "Oh - Owe" was the only expression of pain the little guy showed! (Meanwhile, Elliott was at home with gramma hyperventilating because of the blood he had seen earlier...)

So, congratulate me on surviving my family's first head wound (and help me decide what gift best says "thank you for stapling my boy's head shut"!)

2 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

OMG...he has metal in his head..he rocks;)

hope it heals good..poor lil fella

February 26, 2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

You are so brave!! I so would have freaked out.....what a brave boy!

February 27, 2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home