Friday, April 14, 2006

Going Topic-Less

Lots to say but not much to write these days. I suppose you could say that the warmth of the sun in all of its record-breaking glory has dried up my desire to sit in front of a computer and sum up my life's recent happenings.

I can't quite decide if it's time to pull out the shorts or not. Temp's are in the 80's but on top of having seriously pale skin, I am one of the gracious recipients of winter's unforgiving appetite. It started around Halloween and ended...well... I guess it hasn't really ended yet seeing as I wolfed down a Snickers bar in 4 seconds flat this afternoon. (I think I'll give myself a few more weeks!) We've been enjoying some long overdue visits with neighbors now that the climates allow; as my father-in-law puts it, we're a bunch of Yogi Bears blinking in the sunlight.

Andy and I spent our anniversary exchanging gifts we weren't supposed to buy each other (our money has been going towards home and yard projects) and heading to a local kid-friendly cafe for a somewhat-less-than-romantic dinner. Elliott slurped down as much root beer as his tummy would allow and Noah found that he is quite fond of "sshheez burgers" (with sshhocolate milk...) We played I-Spy and reveled in the fact that nobody spilled their beverage this time! I can't imagine a better kind of celebration - with our boys licking ketchup and ice cream off our fingers.

I'm gearing myself up for Easter, which will be celebrated with a low-key dinner at our home on Sunday afternoon with our families. As I cross my fingers for dry weather and a successful Easter Egg Hunt, I can't help but wonder how to best celebrate our family on this holiday. I think my Thanksgiving disposition is a little late, because I keep thinking of ways to let those around me know how thankful I am for their presence in my life. My husband, my mom, my kids and my in-laws ~ when one sits back to take notice, one realizes how important these people are to their life. Perhaps this started when I dusted off the old Wedding Album as I do every year on our anniversary. While peeking through its pages, it occurred to me that a lot of the people who played a part in our lives and hugged us on our wedding day are gone now. Did they know how much they meant to us?

In other news, I celebrated my first wine hangover on Saturday...(and Sunday...) by barfing a lot, shivering in a fetal position and downing nearly a bottle of Pepto Bismol and Advil. I've decided that a girl who just doesn’t drink all that much shouldn't decide to make up for lost time all in one night, no matter how bad a day she had. I guess I can add Chardonnay to my list of "WILL NEVER DRINK AGAIN".

Well, on that note ~ I'll be seeing ya!
Have a great Easter, everybody!

7 Comments:

Blogger Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Sounds like WBL is coming to life after a long winter. Sorry to hear about your hang-over, live and learn I guess ;) As Zac and I celebrated our anniversery I found myself look at your wedding pictures taken just a year ago and thinking about how much life has changed. I guess you can't stop progress :) Miss you all!

April 14, 2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

so your saying you dont enjoy the fetal postion?..I havent had a hangover since highschool..thats how much of a drinker I am.

when we ever manage to go out, we will have to get good and sloshed, then we will each write about our outing on our blogs, and see whos story is better..haha

hope you guys had a wonderful easter...and the weather is good finally..I have been sporting shorts for days now:-)

April 16, 2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

The "I'll never drink ..." list is easy to add to during a hangover.
You are so right about the number of people who have a positive effect on our lives.

April 16, 2006 8:47 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Sorry to hear about the hangover, I've never gotten drunk because I hate vomitting and will do anything to avoid it! Your anniversary sounded very similar to ours...oh to bo one of those people who escape to Hawaii for their anniversary!

April 17, 2006 5:33 AM  
Blogger Misty said...

in the spirit of gratitude i will take this opportunity to point out that in my heavily drinking days, i never had a hangover... i was the miracle drinker...
now though, that age has found me, i am not going to test my luck as i am sure i would be sicker than i can imagine!

April 17, 2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hawk said...

The problem, Felecia is that you drank white wine and not red wine :) At least it wasn't white zin that you got sick off of. I would laugh at you if that was the case!!

Hope your Easter was good! And as for the short - I am in the same boat. I'm thinkin that capris will do just fine :)

April 17, 2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger Felecia said...

I used to enjoy a glass of red wine every now and then but about 2 years ago, even a few sips would give me terrible headaches. I've heard that it's the nitrates(?)

April 18, 2006 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home