"I'M READY!"

My bags are nearly packed & my to-do list is nearly complete ~ I am sneaking peeks at many Sonoma winery websites and doing my best to come up with a "not too planned out but planned out enough to not be sitting around" itinerary. Though we're anxious about leaving the boys, we're trying our best to ignore our fluttery tummy nerves and simply focus on the positive. Andy and Elliott had some well-deserved bonding time at the Twins game Wednesday night (even though the Twinkies lost!) and we're going to spoil our children this evening with a family date night to eat pizza and see "Open Season".
A few friends of ours suggested we watch "Sideways" before heading out to Sonoma. We watched it last weekend (both to our dismay, I think...) Sorry if you're a fan. I'm sure under any other circumstance, I wouldn't have minded seeing a movie about two very disturbed men in Wine Country (or a overweight naked man running at painfully high speeds).
When you don't vacation very often, one finds that excitement can be found in even the simplest of things. For instance, I'm excited about reading People magazine on the plane; I'm excited to rest my head on Andy's shoulder during the flight to catch a few winks; I'm excited to ask a stranger to take our picture and last but certainly not least, I'm excited for room service!
Arrivederci!


5 Comments:
Have a great time! There is this little town in the heart of Sonoma country (I believe it starts with a "G") that has many tasting rooms, cute little shops (a cady shop that has all the old favorites!)and some really nice restaurants. We went to the SIMI Brothers winery and it was really fun! It's an old one that has a lot of character and history. I recommend it.
PS)I HATED Sideways. Don't think of that at all while you're out there. Enjoy People (hopefully it's a good issue) and remember to SLEEP IN! :)
I'm just hoping the stranger gives the camera back. Make sure he weights too much like me...that way you can catch him if he tries to run.
i HATED that movie!!! When you first mentioned this trip, it was sadly the first thing i thought of. I hate it when really horrible things have a way of attatching themselves to moments...
I hope you both have an absolutely amazing time!!! It will be wonderful!
Ok, me too....that movie was the absolute worst. I can't even believe it was nominated for all those Oscars! UGH! Definetly try and get those images out of your head and have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Have fun. Enjoy the warm weather. I wish you many small delightful moments. :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home