Blue Suede Shoes?
It's late Saturday night and I'm just sitting here with my thoughts. Nothing too deep, just a peaceful happy feeling that keeps me content with the world around me.
Our day was filled with accomplishments and rewarded with relaxation.
Shoe shopping. The boys dragged their little size 10's and 3's into the mall, and further into a sea of chaos called footwear. This is the first year that Elliott has offered an opinion - - no, wait - - not just an opinion; a badgering request as to the style and brand of shoes for his return to school. Skateboard shoes. Not just skateboard shoes, they must be Van's or Etney's. Nevermind the fact that the New Balance's are on sale - - we must persue the perfect shoe. After about 5 stores, he found and fell in love with an agreeable pair. We expected that Noah would muster up a newfound delight in his new shoes, seeing as brother was so happy about his, however what we didn't expect was that the boys would be wearing their new finds all night long...(even to bed...!) I can't wait to show Andy.
Andy was invited out with the guys tonight, which he doesn't do very often. After he left, the boys and I popped some popcorn and finished watching The Shaggy Dog. Then, quite by accident, we turned on some music - some sort of XM satalite thing that the TV was tuned to. Salsa music filled the air and naturally, the boys and I danced around the house as if we were...well, not being seen. From time to time, Elliott dabbles with the notion that he is much too cool and/or mature to do such a thing. Though much to my delight, he let loose (foot loose, if you will) and laughed the laugh that has earned him the household nickname "Belly". Noah figured things ought to be done properly, so with a determined look he tromped up the stairs and emerged from his bedroom holding his little 6-string. All of this in their new shoes.
I think these will be some of the images that intoxicate my memory when they're grown.
Our day was filled with accomplishments and rewarded with relaxation.
Shoe shopping. The boys dragged their little size 10's and 3's into the mall, and further into a sea of chaos called footwear. This is the first year that Elliott has offered an opinion - - no, wait - - not just an opinion; a badgering request as to the style and brand of shoes for his return to school. Skateboard shoes. Not just skateboard shoes, they must be Van's or Etney's. Nevermind the fact that the New Balance's are on sale - - we must persue the perfect shoe. After about 5 stores, he found and fell in love with an agreeable pair. We expected that Noah would muster up a newfound delight in his new shoes, seeing as brother was so happy about his, however what we didn't expect was that the boys would be wearing their new finds all night long...(even to bed...!) I can't wait to show Andy.
Andy was invited out with the guys tonight, which he doesn't do very often. After he left, the boys and I popped some popcorn and finished watching The Shaggy Dog. Then, quite by accident, we turned on some music - some sort of XM satalite thing that the TV was tuned to. Salsa music filled the air and naturally, the boys and I danced around the house as if we were...well, not being seen. From time to time, Elliott dabbles with the notion that he is much too cool and/or mature to do such a thing. Though much to my delight, he let loose (foot loose, if you will) and laughed the laugh that has earned him the household nickname "Belly". Noah figured things ought to be done properly, so with a determined look he tromped up the stairs and emerged from his bedroom holding his little 6-string. All of this in their new shoes.
I think these will be some of the images that intoxicate my memory when they're grown.


5 Comments:
Very descriptive. I could see the jubilation in the house. Good Mom's get to have experiences like that.
BTW, I hate going to a shoe department. Especially if there is a big sale going one. Utter chaos. Thanks, good job.
Congrat's on raising free spirits! The world can always use a few more salsa dancers!
hey woman....
stopping by to cheack in..i realized it had been a while since i was here..i am so dang busy all the time anymore..
lets go out one night...and bring your dancin shoes;)
This scene you described reminded me of the movies. Have you seen "Step Mom"? I think that's what it's called with Julia Roberts and Susan Surandon? Anyways...there is this scene with Susan and her kids just dancing away! I love that! When I saw that movie I thought "I hope that moments like these really do happen in life" and you proved that they do! YEAH!
I wish we could hold those moments in some sort of Tivo of our lives and replay them whenever we need a pick me up!
Post a Comment
<< Home