I feel like rambling
Caution; disorganized thoughts lay ahead...
Why do people call sweaters with hoods "hoodies"? I get the whole hood thing, but "hoodie"? Please. I don't think I minded this so much before when other people said it, but the term accidentally came out of my mouth the other day. I think I dry heaved a little. The obvious up-side to any sort of hooded articles of clothing however, is the multi-purposed hood. (1) keeps out cold; (2) useful disguise when robbing a Kwik-E-Mart and (3) hands-free compartment for childrens' hats & mittens, car keys, grocery lists, cell phones and chewing gum. (Note: item no. 3 is most easily utilized on a person other than yourself...preferably a young child...)
I ate Mexican food last night for my father-in-law's birthday and had by & far the most bizarre series of dreams ever... Without going into detail (because I tend to get a little bored when people go on and on about their 'crazy dreams'). Let's just say one included my boss in his bathrobe. Yikes. No more enchiladas for me after 4pm.
My closest friend 'Noodle' is extremely preggo, with today being her due date. She lives thousands of miles away yet I'm as anxious as I've ever been to hear delivery news. I'm almost as irritated as she is that this little one hasn't yet arrived... of course, she won't tell me the name she's selected so I'm sure my nosy nature is just a little irritated. Every time I hear a long-distance ring on the phone, I'm certain it's her calling with news... but it's always just a blasted local election campaign call. Stupid campaigns.
Time's up for today; bus will be here soon bringing my big-little-guy home. Have a great week!
Why do people call sweaters with hoods "hoodies"? I get the whole hood thing, but "hoodie"? Please. I don't think I minded this so much before when other people said it, but the term accidentally came out of my mouth the other day. I think I dry heaved a little. The obvious up-side to any sort of hooded articles of clothing however, is the multi-purposed hood. (1) keeps out cold; (2) useful disguise when robbing a Kwik-E-Mart and (3) hands-free compartment for childrens' hats & mittens, car keys, grocery lists, cell phones and chewing gum. (Note: item no. 3 is most easily utilized on a person other than yourself...preferably a young child...)
I ate Mexican food last night for my father-in-law's birthday and had by & far the most bizarre series of dreams ever... Without going into detail (because I tend to get a little bored when people go on and on about their 'crazy dreams'). Let's just say one included my boss in his bathrobe. Yikes. No more enchiladas for me after 4pm.
My closest friend 'Noodle' is extremely preggo, with today being her due date. She lives thousands of miles away yet I'm as anxious as I've ever been to hear delivery news. I'm almost as irritated as she is that this little one hasn't yet arrived... of course, she won't tell me the name she's selected so I'm sure my nosy nature is just a little irritated. Every time I hear a long-distance ring on the phone, I'm certain it's her calling with news... but it's always just a blasted local election campaign call. Stupid campaigns.
Time's up for today; bus will be here soon bringing my big-little-guy home. Have a great week!


2 Comments:
ok, your boss ina bathrobe was plenty..that means ur hoping for a raise..and yes no more enchaildas for u missy..
Here in farm country they call them 'Hooded Sweatshirts'. A bit boring I guess. If I called them a 'hoodie', they'd make me use the girls restroom in at the cafe.
Post a Comment
<< Home