A Good Kind of Miserable
Thank God Andy is not in international sales, the armed forces or any other career that would keep him out of the state. I have always thought of myself as a pretty capable woman who is independent enough to take care of her family but not so extreme as to burn her undergarments. I knew I would be challenged when Andy left town for his training, but figured it would be a good opportunity to tidy up dark corners of the house and have some extra playtime with the boys. I was very surprised to find once Andy was dropped at the airport, I morphed into a helpless and emotional wreck. The mom in me is ashamed because I feel that I should be more focused on the boys. As such, guilt sets in and renders me that much more ineffective. It was my children who rescued me. After yet another fit of exhaustion last night, Elliott knew exactly what to do. He pulled on his dad’s shirt and pajama bottoms, lowered his booming voice and exclaimed “HONEY! I’M HOME!” My brewing tears were quickly dried as he marched around the house as his dad. I laughed and laughed as he ‘took care’ of Noah , and asked me if I figured out the check book. That kid rocks. So, if I failed at the “make good use of this time” test, at least I gained the knowledge that (a) I married the love of my life, with whom I am nothing without; and (b) my children are fountains of joy who know exactly what their momma needs. I am so blessed.


1 Comments:
What a precious (but not the precious Grandma Alice uses as code for ugly babies) gift that little "man of the house" is.
I hope you really did "take care of the checkbook". :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home