Saturday, January 21, 2006

Case Closed

I finished it - the Exorcism of Emily Rose - I watched the last half. Well, that's not entirely true... thanks to the technology of DVD menus, etc., I was able to skip over the actuall exorcism part. I'm confident that it was full of scary thing that would leave too many impressions on me at bedtime. I didn't need the details on that - but I did tune in just as the exorcism failed and they called it a night. Then I watched as the judicial system took over on if and how Father Moore should be charged with the crime of murder by way of negligence. It was very good - the latter part of the movie was much better to my nerves. Anyway, the basic idea of Emily Rose's story is that she was a martyr for non-believers. She wrote "Many people say that God is dead or doesn't exist but how can they believe that when I show them the devil."

I'm glad I finished it (in the daylight...) I found that the past few days has had me wondering how it ended - why all that horror took place - how it was put to rest. Anyway, if you ever find yourself curious about it or plan to watch it - make sure you do it in daylight... and have the remote in your hand for easy access to the "skip forward" button.

4 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

i have wanted to see this movie..I LOVE scarey movies..

this is a treu story isnt it?..I like these kind the best:)

January 24, 2006 6:33 AM  
Blogger Felecia said...

If you have the nerves for it, then more power to ya... I was a complete mess through the first half!

Yes, it's said to be a true story which takes place in MN. The girl goes off to college at the university where the supposed possession takes place and the durration of the film takes place at her family's farm in rural MN. I hope that's not too close for comfort!

January 24, 2006 7:40 AM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Too close for me and I live in Michigan!!!

January 24, 2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

wow. You have to call me and tell me every detail, because like you, I really really want to know, but unlike you, I'm MUCH TO CHICKEN to ever watch it. I'm still too scared from Silence of the Lambs and Seven.

January 30, 2006 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home