Friday, April 21, 2006

Confucius Say...

NOTHING!

I just opened a fortune cookie that has no fortune.

(Is that bad?)

8 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

man, does that mean your future holds...gulp...nothing?

April 21, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

um, that is very bad..ouch!!

maybe it means your fortune is a big surprise thats all:)

April 21, 2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I'm pretty sure it means

April 21, 2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

um yeah, bad

April 22, 2006 6:28 AM  
Blogger Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Maybe is means there is nothing you can't do!

April 23, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

i can't resist my fortune cookie story...
one day my husband and i went to a mongolian restaurant and had fortune cookies at the end of our meal. i cracked mine open and it was empty.
our waiter was passing and my husband said "excuse me, my wife's fortune cookie was empty, could she have another?" so the man brought me another cookie on a nother mini-tray...
i cracked it open.
it was empty.
i am not ussually supersticious but grew up in a highly supersticious family so i got chills and truthfully, panicked a little bit.
He waved down the waiter and laughingly told him what had happened. the waiter looked at me as if i were 3 seconds from death and rushed off. when he came back he had a take-out box full of fortune cookies.
"must be fortune paper inside cookie in box, all not be empty!" he tried a small, yet encouraging smile and took 50% off our bill...

apprently some people really feel it's a bad omen, but i am here as proof (7 years later!) to tell you that it will more then likely (probably) be ok!

April 23, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Felecia said...

In this crazy life of motherhood, I wouldn't mind if my future held a little of nothing! (I might try to take a nap!)

Misty - I can't believe they took it all that seriously! I take it you weren't at the local Leanne Chin fast food joint...

April 24, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hawk said...

I think that you should be happy. Fortune cookies these days don't hold fortunes, they hold proverbs. It's quite dissapointing. I mean, I don't need a proverb like "Good friends are like good wine". Give me a fortune like "You will be a millionaire next year." That's the kind of fortune I want! So, I guess be happy that you didn't get another lame proverb :)

April 25, 2006 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home