Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hannah's Gift


"The truest measure of a life is not its length, but the fullness in which it is lived"

I have just received a book recommendation for "Hannah's Life" written by Maria Housden. The friend who suggested it admits that it was extremely sad, but had so many profound statements to share that the tears were well worth it.

When I read that the book was about a mother loosing her daughter to cancer, I immediately knee-jerked a "no way" response; but I was curious so I peeked through the website (www.hannahsgift.com). I am being pulled to read it and wondered if anybody else would be up to the challenge. Before signing off, I'll leave you with another quote from the author (Hannah's mother) so you can catch a glimpse as to why I'm leaning towards this particular tear-jerker...

"For years I had been measuring my worth by being involved, important, and indispensable to the people in my life and in my community, saying "yes" to things not only because I wanted to be helpful, but because I wanted to be looked up to, admired, and loved. I had poured myself into maintaining an illusion of perfection in every aspect of my life and had lost track of what really mattered to me."

1 Comments:

Blogger PinkCat said...

Oh my thats got to be a very hard book to read. I think I would be up for reading it. I will see if my library has a copy.

How did your trip go?

Take care

January 25, 2007 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home