The Story of Salt & Pepper

Okay, I'm a little giddy so bear with me.
In less than 24-hours, I will be landing in San Diego, CA to see at long last, my favorite noodle in the whole wide world; Nicky Noodle.
Let me jump around, if you will...
A young girl of 7 is asked to get out of her mother's hair during moving day. "Go meet some new friends" she suggests; the young girl is reluctant but obedient just the same. After dragging her toe through the many ant-hills Skillman apartment complex has to offer, she finally decides she should say hi to the little blonde-haired girl who is sitting alone contently playing jacks.
From there on out, the bond was loud and clear (as were these young ladies!) They spent their days watching Annie, Splash and Grease over and over again, and swimming until their mothers swore they noticed gills. They locked themselves indoors singing "Heart habit to Break" at the tops of their lungs, and hung upside down from the bunk bed while "Dancing on the Ceiling". They played in freshly rained-upon mud puddles, creating streams and rivers and built forts behind the garage. They cried like sisters and man alive did they FIGHT like sisters. They took karate together (one more interested than the other) and roller skated together. They took road trips together and met Mickey Mouse together. They explored bible camp together and stole boyfriends from each other.
They grew apart at times but continued to find each other. They moved 3,000 miles away from each other but this bond just doesn't die. They cry hormonal tears on the phone to each other and announce pregnancies to each other. They celebrated their weddings and their children's baptisms together. They wait for the opportunity to get on a plane and just plain be with each other.
This is the relationship with my Noodle. I can't wait to see her!


3 Comments:
I am so excited for you. I hope that you have a really lovely time.
Take care xx
I am so excited for you. I hope that you have a really lovely time.
Take care xx
Britmum she's not hard of hearing like me. You only need to say it once.
Felecia, old relationships are the best and I'm always amazed how you can just start up right where you left off like when you were young and saw each other everyday. Well good on you. Have fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home