Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Yummy Chocolate Covered "Normal"

Life is finally on its way to 'normal'.

Speaking as candidly as I can for the sake of those with weaker stomachs and/or sunny dispositions, I finally had things 'taken care of'. My doctor encouraged me to live life and allow things to happen naturally, but as my husband might say, I just don't let things go:) I spent about 2 weeks hunched over in a state of flux before finally throwing in the towel (or wrapping it around the neck of the next sympathetic health care professional who came along!) In the midst of this year's worst blizzard, I went in for the procedure. After a very peaceful nap, the nurse woke me to say everything was finally over. Big grateful sigh. She asked my husband's name in order to retrieve him from the waiting room, and thanks to the after effects of my anesthesia, I said "You won't need his name. Just look for the dashing man in the black sweater." As you can imagine, my dashing Andy will never let me live that one down!

It's been easy to move forward mainly because spring break is on the horizon and we have another trip to Florida to look forward to. Instead of being held at the strict mercy of the Mouse this year, we're staying off the Disney site and are looking forward to seeing the ocean, the Kennedy Space Center, and anything else Florida can offer under the literal sun. We thought about catching our local ball team at a spring training game, but I can't imagine spending 3 hours in a car to do so. If anybody has any Florida fun suggestions for us, I am all ears (no pun intended!)

Well, my poor Noah has been held captive of the Upside Down Show for a while, so I had better put my interactive mommy face on and do something constructive (perhaps a nap?) ...one can always hope!

4 Comments:

Blogger PinkCat said...

Moving forward is always the hardest.

I am thinking of you sweetie.

You can email me at catherine@ahtrust.org if you ever need or want to chat.

Take care and hugs to you xxx

March 06, 2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

well, *hugs* for you, my cyber-friend... I am relieved to hear it, I have been thinking about you and wondering...
Florida sunshine sounds like the perfect "next step!"

March 06, 2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Hey Cuz I'm glad to hear things are on the "normal" track again. As you know, I LOVE FLORIDA! Don't forget to try International Drive (an actual road name)in Orlando there is a bunch of fun stuff to do there - i.e. Ripley's Believe it or not museum, mini golf, shops, and many other "attractions".

March 07, 2007 2:31 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

I'm glad things are on their way to normal again for you. I've been thinking about you a lot and continually hounding libby for info.
I don't know how close you'll be but Captiva and Sanabel Island are great little meanering destinations. You can almost always see dolphins, the beaches aren't crowded, and there's great shelling.

March 07, 2007 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home