Thursday, January 03, 2008

A New Year Indeed!

Without trying to sound cynical or negative, it's safe to say that my new year's resolution is to STOP BEING PREGNANT...eventually:) We're getting down to the wire and at my last appointment, my doctor told me that I will be scheduled for inducement late next week in the event my body tries to shirk its responsibilities. "Whew!" (An end in sight!)

Naturally, the boys are very excited. Elliott is acting exactly the same way his own father did 9 years ago when I was due with him! "You made a face mom - do we need to go to the hospital now?" "Mom? You need to lay down?" "Was that a contraction, mom?" I'll catch him staring at me from time to time - when I ask him if he needs anything he'll just shrug his shoulder and say "Nope - just checking..." It's very sweet.

Noah has had us in stitches with the very literal position he has taken on this event. On New Year's Day, he came running in from the sun room where Andy was taking down the Christmas tree. "Momma!! Are you having the baby right now?" Slowly, I replied "n-nooo - how come?" He smiled sheepishly and said "I was just wondering" and away he went to go help dad again. After a few minutes, Andy comes in to ask me if I've been talking about the baby coming, because "he's ready to rock and roll in there!" Again, I say no but then it occurs to me that my 4-year old has been told for many months now that when Christmas is over, the baby will be born. Well, Christmas must be officially over when the tree comes down, so where the heck is this baby?

As for me, I'm clinging to the fact that my pregnancy days are numbered with a bittersweet relief. Grateful for the fact that my swollen ankles, puffy face, sciatic nerve pain and numb extremities are nearing their end. On that same token, however, I will miss the feelings that a little life brings. Everything from the hiccups following a meal, the way he finds his energy when I lay down at night and the way his tiny foot has taken a liking to the left side of my abdomen - visually poking out each time he stretches (at times reminding me of the final scene of Space Balls..."hello my baby, hello my darlin...") Yikes.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mandi said...

I grinned sheepishly as I read this. I too was getting a bit "Noah-ish" I knew it had to be soon, but didn't know when. I'm glad to hear there is an end in sight....hang in there. Or not :)

January 03, 2008 3:44 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

I've been wondering! I knew the day was coming... Maybe your little one was simply waiting for you to blog about it... now things will get rolling! :)

January 03, 2008 4:26 PM  
Blogger Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Ok, it looks like we aren't going to make a get together while you are still a prego. Call me and I will be on my way to visit. The Clegg's are very excited to meet this new little guy!

January 04, 2008 10:40 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Hip Hip hooray! I can't wait to meet Baby 3! Hang in there, a few days more and you can hold that little guy's foot in your HAND.

January 10, 2008 12:28 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

OK, now it's Tuesday..surely he must be here by now....I NEED AN UPDATE!!!

January 15, 2008 7:59 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hawk said...

Felecia - I keep checking your blog to see if you have a baby update! Post soon so that we know all is well! :)

January 24, 2008 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home