Friday, October 12, 2007

Toy Recalls

Much as I would love to utter things like "people fuss far too much over child safety these days" like generations before me do, how are we parents expected not to have the occasional tizz when it comes to the well being of our kids?

I suppose this is the phrase I need to remember when strapping on helmets, car seats and knee pads to a kid so slippery from SPF 80 sunblock while we adhere safety gates, outlet covers and safety locks to our once inviting homes... as we cut up or better yet, puree our kids' food to an indescribable texture so the risk of choking is minimized... not forgetting the milk which reminds us we were going to look into the price for rice or goat milk due to the added hormones in cow's milk... steering away, of course, from any juices that appear to have red dye nos. 5-29 in an effort not to heighten our children's exposure to ADHD. Then, if you've managed all of this, you hear that 90,000,000 + toys containing lead paint which more than likely make up 80% of your child's playful infrastructure and have been chewed on, goobered over, gnawed up or perhaps even swallowed - has been recalled.

But yes, Aunt Tilly, thank you for once again pointing out the fact that things were much different when you raised your kids and they turned out just fine... now if you wouldn't mind snuffing our your cigarette, my arm is getting tired from waving all of the carcinogenic second-hand smoke away from Junior.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandi said...

LOL, this post is hilarious!!! as I am one of your readers who is not related to you...can I ask when you are due??

October 26, 2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

you crack me up, cuz. I love you. You'll make it to the end of this pregnancy yet!

October 29, 2007 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home