Thursday, September 20, 2007

Baby Blahs

See this? This is exactly how I feel. This is how I feel about gas prices, overactive kids, making dinner, being stuck in traffic behind the "I love my Portuguese Water Dog" guy, property taxes, hail damage, my checkbook and my husband. I'm sure there were some emotional obstacles to overcome in my previous pregnancies but I have never had so many opinions and been so ready to let people know exactly how I feel until this one.

Though it may be the pregnancy talking, I get the sense that the portion of Andy's brain labeled "don't say stupid things" has dropped out of his left ear. Noah is loving school but in the process of adjusting has found that being extra noisy and extra hyper seems to help and Elliott has turned into Spongebob - the jokes, the voices and so help me... the laugh. Even my dog has been irritating me. (Doesn't he know it's rude to growl and run away from Noah but then be a persistent friend only when there's food involved?) Dang dog.

I don't exactly love who I am at the moment but I promise I don't have what it takes to better myself... In the spirit of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" I informed my husband that his pants should be stored away for a good flood. I had some banana bread in the oven and thought I heard him pass gas; naturally I blasted him by saying the banana bread smelled good and too bad he was there to mess it all up. I think I even went as far as to coach him on what bodily functions should be avoided at his pending poker game. I'm not proud. I know this is an unpleasant way to live but I feel the need to vindicate everything. (Notice I use the word "vindicate" - because while I will take responsibility for not being pleasant, I will be the first to point out that I'm simply reacting to rude, ignorant or irritating behavior.) The whole concept of "choose your battles" is as far gone a concept as my once beloved figure. Suffice it to say, those close to me know to avoid the whole "is anything wrong?" arena.

In closing, I implore anyone who happens to see my once happy disposition to send it my way. In the meantime however, be nice, don't forget your "please and thank you's" and do the world a favor and rid your car of unnecessary bumper stickers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mandi said...

I had to giggle at this post Felecia, I'm sorry. Having been there a mere year ago, I totally relate. I remember ranting to Matt one evening about belching and how it is simply NOT to be done near someone else's face. Or telling my children that even their whispering was far too nosy. Hang in there, both your disposition and your beloved figure will return, I promise!

September 20, 2007 5:38 PM  
Blogger Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Oh my poor cousin. Please feel free to call and vent some of that frustration my way because I really want this new baby to have a father and brothers (as in this current state you may kill them all long before the baby comes along). Love you!

September 21, 2007 3:22 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Oh dear, I feel like that and I am not even pregnant.

How much longer do you have?

Take care sweetie xx

September 23, 2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

I say let them all have it. This may be your last chance to do so with such an odvious out as pregnancy to fall back on! :O)

September 27, 2007 1:56 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I laughed out loud. And now I'm going to tip toe out of here before I wake her up. Shhhh...

October 08, 2007 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home