Sunday, September 04, 2005

This Bites

In an effort to make Elliott slide over on the recliner the other day, Noah decided that biting him was the best method. This was no ordinary bite - the kid left a perfect little purple mouth impression that is still visable 48 hours later. This afternoon, he took a meaty chunk out of my nephew's underarm during a playdate.

"Noah! Look at what you did!"

"Yup. I bite him!" (like it's something to be proud of)

(Scold scold, corner corner, blah blah...)

Moments after the punishment ceases, he runs over to his now mellow cousin, lifts up his arm and says "See! I did that!"

I don't think he's getting it.

6 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

arent kids the best...LOL

September 04, 2005 3:05 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

We have been struggling with this lately as well. The other day, my four year old (4 YEARS OLD!!!!) bit her 3 yr. old sister for not turning over control of the remote. So I grabbed her hand and bit it, not hard, but strong enough to hurt a little. Her eyes went wide and filled with tears. I pulled her into my arms and asked her if that hurt. When she nodded I told her that that is how her sister felt when she bit her. made quite the impression! there are those who would shudder at such a response, biting your own child. but use what works!

September 04, 2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger Felecia said...

I've been hearing similar stories from other mom's who surround my life (about the bite back method). I think it's time to do something that will get his attention - he's done it 2 more times since my initial post yesterday!

I'm waiting for my moment...!

September 05, 2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

my mom said she use to bite me back when i was a baby..

my oldest bit me when he was like 2..and my automatic reaction was to slap him..I did..(bad i know but it was a reflex)..and he never bit me again:)

September 05, 2005 9:33 PM  
Blogger Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Sometimes animal mothers have it so much easier. They don't have to listen to society screaming when the bite their own baby back to warn and teach them. You go girl!

September 06, 2005 7:48 AM  
Blogger Felecia said...

My boss (who is raising 5 kids) and I were just talking about the biting thing. In all seriousness he says "when dogs do that, you're supposed to say 'no' and give them something else to chew on."

I guess you've got to have a good sense of humor to be in this business!!!

September 06, 2005 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home