Sunday, May 21, 2006

Calling all cooks!

Hey all; my neighbor had a baby recently and as is customary, I would like to bring by a dish to ease the pressure of dinnertime during these busy days ahead for her.

However, I'm stumped about what to bring this time around (this is her third child so I've already used up my good "freeze, heat and eat" dishes!) So, keeping in mind that I can't bring lasagna, bolognese pasta sauce or wild rice soup, ANY IDEAS?

Let me know!

10 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Whatever you bring, We loved it when someone brought us fresh fruit to accompany their dish. Everyone tends to bring itallian or something very "down home" the fresh fruit was nice and lite and a real treat! Good luck!

May 21, 2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Having been the recipient of many a meal, seeing as I have many a child :) We got kind of tired of casseroles and such. So it was a great treat to my kids when someone brought pizza or KFC. The homemade meals were wonderful as well....just some input from a frazzled mom :)

May 21, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

ok, just becuase you sent a dish in the past does not mean you can not send the same thing again..

your neighbor should be thankful and greatful you even thought about doing it.

wish I had a neighbor like you..

May 21, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Felecia said...

Thank you so much for the input! Andy is at the grocery store right now gathering the items I need for a chicken divan w/ slivered almonds *AND* some fresh pineapple, strawberries and blueberries:) I considered something like a take & bake pizza but the dad made a joking comment that we would be seeing the local pizza delivery guy often so I went for a kid-friendly hot-dish...er..."casserole" (add another victory to my midwest upbringing!)

Thanks again!

May 22, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

your such a sweety..you can drop your take and bake ehre..i will gladly accepct it:)

May 22, 2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

How about a relish tray and dip. It would last a while, and would be good for them to share with company.
OR... offer to stay for a while so Mom can go to the store.

May 23, 2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I've GOT IT!! Practice on a German Chocolate cake and drop it by my house and I'll decide if that recipe is good enough to spring on the neighbors.
That way you won't risk being embarrassed by taking a bad cake.

May 24, 2006 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! aloette care product skin Panasonic agdvx100a minidv violent impotence genie skin care Checkered flag bikini Developing colorectal cancer colon rectum polyps Land rover discovery s bumper reviews blackberry palm treo Whirlpool refrigerators repair san diego http://www.caresenseskinusanavitamin.info/caredubaihealthjobskin.html Pamela anderson in abikini Digital printing poster Diazepam sizes and colors Beauty skin care cosmetic natural oriflame skin care Skin care medical skincare texas fayetteville patent infringement legal Blue headset Gambling sportsbook on line

February 05, 2007 4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Japanese porn sample Adult pornstar finder Www liposuction risks com Video game chair tall lexapro Asian little fucks Tricked into porn Dodge neon rbuy ionamin Restoring pontiac firebird Why am i getting popups with a blocker archive free porn clip

February 20, 2007 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site stop smoking program digital printing buy fioricet http://www.allergies-1.info Real estate credit score

April 26, 2007 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home