Thursday, May 11, 2006

Walking the Line

I've always clung to my Irish heritage - perhaps it's because I know more about it than I do my Scottish tradition. Whatever the case may be, there you have it.

Today though, I allowed my maternal influence to overcome me. You see, it's been my education that while most try their best to save a penny, a Scottish ascent will go far beyond using a coupon to save a buck. Today, it happened to me.

I bought myself a "foo foo" coffee this morning from Caribou; a tall vanilla late. There's just something about the smell and first sips of an expensive yet frothy cup of Jo on a cold day. I enjoyed as much of it as possible before my tummy begged for mercy (I skipped breakfast, and was therefore a little jittery and queasy from all the caffeine...)

Before leaving for lunch, I brought the remaining half of my morning's delight to the sink for disposal. When I saw that there was just over half of the cup left, I hesitated. I stood there for what seemed like an eternity...pondering my next move...

Scottish me: I could always just put it into that there mini fridge until tomorra and reheat...right?

Me: That would just be silly.

Scottish me: 'Sal right, I would get to enjoy it all over again tomorra...right?

Me: Nah - it'll taste nasty by then.

Scottish me: Aye, but it's worth a shot...right?

Me: Just throw it away already!

Scottish me: You're goin the right way for a smack bottom!

***********************************

I blinked hard enough times to come to.

I threw the coffee in the sink and went about my day.

THAT, my friends, was a close one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mandi said...

LOL, this post had me laughing so hard I woke Matt up!! Speaking as another Irish lass.......too true :)

May 11, 2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

i have truly never thought like that, but now... now that it's been suggested i wonder if i will...

and in the back of my brain i hear "what would a day old latte that had been refridgerated, taste like?"

hmmm....

either way, i think you made the right choice!

May 12, 2006 7:11 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hawk said...

I love the inner commentary. We've all been there with something! Next time get a small :)

May 12, 2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

good one..

i would of thrown it out too..i mean, a hot cup a Jo isnt something you keep leftovers of right?..

but when the cost of them thigns is almsot equal to a house payment, I can see your hesataion:)

May 12, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Ah c'mon, how can you guys stand that evil smelling drink??

May 12, 2006 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home