"Mean People Suck"
Remember those bumper stickers? I had a friend tell me she saw another bumper sticker called "No We Don't! - the Mean People". I always laugh when I think about that.
My post isn't titled as it is because I've encountered anybody mean, though. Sorry if you were gearing up for a good story about some random neanderthal. Nope, everybody in my neck of the woods has been very upbeat and good natured. (Okay, my husband has been a little edgy, but that's bound to happen from time to time, right?)
Elliott had his first baseball game on Monday night - he did a great job. He loves the game and is one of three extremely serious individuals on the team while others twirl their hair and pick their nose. He calls his alter ego "Joe Mauer" (a MN Twin) and does a great job exaggerating (though only somewhat) the final score.
Mom just celebrated her 47th birthday, though she's decided that telling others she is 57 makes her look younger (for those of you who know what she looks like, this is not at all necessary...) We spent the evening eating dessert, sipping summer cocktails and watching as Keith set off some fireworks. At one point, Keith had to inform Noah he was much too little to touch the fireworks, to which Noah replied "NO I NOT!" His hands immediately went to his hips, and he sauntered off in the opposite direction fuming "I BIG!" (followed by inaudible grumbling). Wow, what a scary combination of Andy and me.
I am gearing up for a brief getaway this weekend. Alyssa and I are riding with Loretta to pick up her granddaughter in Omaha. After six hours of gabbing and eating every ounce of random junk food, we're going to shop, meet some of Loretta's friends for dinner and then whirlwind back to MN the next morning. Some might say this is a silly excuse to get away for the simple pleasure of an uninterrupted dinner and pleasant shopping experience - to which I reply "worth every minute of the drive, dahling!"
Well, in keeping with my newfound Zsa Zsa Gabor impersonation, "ta ta for now, dahlings!"
My post isn't titled as it is because I've encountered anybody mean, though. Sorry if you were gearing up for a good story about some random neanderthal. Nope, everybody in my neck of the woods has been very upbeat and good natured. (Okay, my husband has been a little edgy, but that's bound to happen from time to time, right?)
Elliott had his first baseball game on Monday night - he did a great job. He loves the game and is one of three extremely serious individuals on the team while others twirl their hair and pick their nose. He calls his alter ego "Joe Mauer" (a MN Twin) and does a great job exaggerating (though only somewhat) the final score.
Mom just celebrated her 47th birthday, though she's decided that telling others she is 57 makes her look younger (for those of you who know what she looks like, this is not at all necessary...) We spent the evening eating dessert, sipping summer cocktails and watching as Keith set off some fireworks. At one point, Keith had to inform Noah he was much too little to touch the fireworks, to which Noah replied "NO I NOT!" His hands immediately went to his hips, and he sauntered off in the opposite direction fuming "I BIG!" (followed by inaudible grumbling). Wow, what a scary combination of Andy and me.
I am gearing up for a brief getaway this weekend. Alyssa and I are riding with Loretta to pick up her granddaughter in Omaha. After six hours of gabbing and eating every ounce of random junk food, we're going to shop, meet some of Loretta's friends for dinner and then whirlwind back to MN the next morning. Some might say this is a silly excuse to get away for the simple pleasure of an uninterrupted dinner and pleasant shopping experience - to which I reply "worth every minute of the drive, dahling!"
Well, in keeping with my newfound Zsa Zsa Gabor impersonation, "ta ta for now, dahlings!"


4 Comments:
your getaway sounds fabulous... are you really that close to omaha? i tell you, being over here in michigan really does make one feel "stuck in the middle of no where"...
sounds like things are going well... maybe your quick girl trip will strip your husbands "edge" right off :)
have a great time on your get away..
remeber those bumper stickers that would say "baby on board"..man i hate those;)
Ahh, Omaha. Brings back so many memories of living in Nebraska.....ugh! Actually Omaha wasn't too bad :) And I would so do the same thing....have a blast!
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home