I eat when I'm nervous
I'm eating a granola bar right now... sounds harmless, right? Suppose I ought to mention that I've already wolfed down a bowl of cereal (yes, I used a clean bowl this time), a pop-tart and one of those fruit roll-up things that are supposed to be for Elliott's school snacks!
I guess I'm nervous.
You see, it all started earlier this summer. Andy was on his way home from an ambulance call (about 11ish) and noticed a man standing just outside of our sun room. As Andy walked up the sidewalk, he yelled out "can I help you?" evidently not - because the guy took off running. Andy gave chase and followed him to the next block over where he got into his red PT Cruiser and drove off. Andy got a partial license plate number, went to the cops with it and had the guy the next night. He lives about a mile away from us! He informed the police officer that he was simply on his way home from getting gas, and this crazy guy (Andy) chased his car. He was told that his story was full of holes, and that he was to stay away from our neighborhood.
Fast forward to 3 weeks ago...
Andy and I had just gone to bed when we heard some kind of a fight break out down the street. We peek out of our windows and see that the police have been called. Things settle down, our excitement for the evening has come to an end - but wait... the motion light in our backyard goes on. I look out the window just in time to see a guy standing at our neighbor's house PEEKING IN THE WINDOWS... not just any window, but the window of a beautiful teenage girl. We called the police, they did a search of the neighborhood and found nothing.
Fast forward to last Saturday night...
Andy and I were talking with some neighbors down the street. We were contemplating a walk to the Cup-N-Cone, but decided against it because alas, it's getting darker a little earlier now. As we chatted with our friends, Andy notices that the Red PT Cruiser is driving by..."There he is!" he says to us, pointing at the vehicle. 1/2 a block away, Red PT Cruiser guy is offended by this, rolls down his window and yells "WHY ARE YOU POINTING AT ME, HUH?!, etc..." Being as we're with family, Andy intelligently decides to bow out. The guy drove off, but as we walked home, Andy says he's going to stay up that night to see if any peeping would take place. Sure enough, as Andy sat in the dark out on our patio, here comes creepy peeping Tom... peeking in our neighbor's windows again. Andy got close to him and said "what are you doing here!" The guy bolted - and again - Andy chased him. This time he led Andy on a chase through multiple backyards, hurtling fences (and waking up many a dog!) Because of his affiliation with the fire / police department, Andy called into dispatch on his pager and out come the cops...again... Andy lost him. The police squads couldn't find him either.
Now, wouldn't you guess that after a close encounter like that, creepy peeping Tom would get scared off for a bit? NOPE! This guy's relentless! He actually came back last night and peeped into the windows of our friends up the street a bit. She is a nurse and worked a late hospital shift last night, so at 1am, while she read a bit of her book, she realized that the creepy peeper was outside of her window. Again, police. Again, nothing.
Andy is obsessed with catching this guy, as are all the men in our neighborhood. He went to Gander Mountain the other day and bought both a paint gun and a motion camera (which will probably have many shots of Andy adjusting it...) Andy is camping out near PT Cruiser Guy's house to see what he's up to this evening. Our neighbor across the alley was sitting out on his patio, our other neighbor said something about getting up on the roof of his garage... another guy who reconditions boats in his yard from time to time is crouched beneath his current project with a baseball bat (needless to say, this is the dad of the beautiful teenager!)
And here I sit. Eating.
I could go for some cheeto's just about now...
I guess I'm nervous.
You see, it all started earlier this summer. Andy was on his way home from an ambulance call (about 11ish) and noticed a man standing just outside of our sun room. As Andy walked up the sidewalk, he yelled out "can I help you?" evidently not - because the guy took off running. Andy gave chase and followed him to the next block over where he got into his red PT Cruiser and drove off. Andy got a partial license plate number, went to the cops with it and had the guy the next night. He lives about a mile away from us! He informed the police officer that he was simply on his way home from getting gas, and this crazy guy (Andy) chased his car. He was told that his story was full of holes, and that he was to stay away from our neighborhood.
Fast forward to 3 weeks ago...
Andy and I had just gone to bed when we heard some kind of a fight break out down the street. We peek out of our windows and see that the police have been called. Things settle down, our excitement for the evening has come to an end - but wait... the motion light in our backyard goes on. I look out the window just in time to see a guy standing at our neighbor's house PEEKING IN THE WINDOWS... not just any window, but the window of a beautiful teenage girl. We called the police, they did a search of the neighborhood and found nothing.
Fast forward to last Saturday night...
Andy and I were talking with some neighbors down the street. We were contemplating a walk to the Cup-N-Cone, but decided against it because alas, it's getting darker a little earlier now. As we chatted with our friends, Andy notices that the Red PT Cruiser is driving by..."There he is!" he says to us, pointing at the vehicle. 1/2 a block away, Red PT Cruiser guy is offended by this, rolls down his window and yells "WHY ARE YOU POINTING AT ME, HUH?!, etc..." Being as we're with family, Andy intelligently decides to bow out. The guy drove off, but as we walked home, Andy says he's going to stay up that night to see if any peeping would take place. Sure enough, as Andy sat in the dark out on our patio, here comes creepy peeping Tom... peeking in our neighbor's windows again. Andy got close to him and said "what are you doing here!" The guy bolted - and again - Andy chased him. This time he led Andy on a chase through multiple backyards, hurtling fences (and waking up many a dog!) Because of his affiliation with the fire / police department, Andy called into dispatch on his pager and out come the cops...again... Andy lost him. The police squads couldn't find him either.
Now, wouldn't you guess that after a close encounter like that, creepy peeping Tom would get scared off for a bit? NOPE! This guy's relentless! He actually came back last night and peeped into the windows of our friends up the street a bit. She is a nurse and worked a late hospital shift last night, so at 1am, while she read a bit of her book, she realized that the creepy peeper was outside of her window. Again, police. Again, nothing.
Andy is obsessed with catching this guy, as are all the men in our neighborhood. He went to Gander Mountain the other day and bought both a paint gun and a motion camera (which will probably have many shots of Andy adjusting it...) Andy is camping out near PT Cruiser Guy's house to see what he's up to this evening. Our neighbor across the alley was sitting out on his patio, our other neighbor said something about getting up on the roof of his garage... another guy who reconditions boats in his yard from time to time is crouched beneath his current project with a baseball bat (needless to say, this is the dad of the beautiful teenager!)
And here I sit. Eating.
I could go for some cheeto's just about now...


9 Comments:
Oh Fleash! I'm so sorry to hear it. How unsettling. (especially as i sit her at midnight with every window open downstairs because it's SO STINKIN' HOT!)
Although I do have to admit, your story is a bit humorous. All the neighborhood men taking up to defend their territory...motion cameras, stake outs...it's like a boyhood fantasy.
--except creepy and of course a bit scary for the rest of you! keep us updated!
Oh that gave me goosebumps and not the good kind! We had a man who peeked in our windows when we lived in Nebraska, very creepy. I hope they get him!
Are you sure it's not the siding guys working late ;) Rex does seem like the peeping type :) Just kidding. I hope Andy is careful (and protective at the same time).
it goes to show how judgemental and stereo typical i guess that i am. i would have expected someone with less of a costly car to be doing such ridiculously disgusting things...
i hope you post back soon, nerves gone and with creepy peeping tom caught on tape, clubbed over the head with a baseball bat AND covered in paint from the gun...
(and dare i say it, in the front page of your local paper...)
As of noon today, creepy peeper guy is still at large. It rained out quite a bit last night, so the only thing manly-men in our neighborhood caught were colds!
Min, you know me - I have to make this as funny as possible so that I can even wrap my head around it! It's too creepy otherwise! Although I will say the guys' behavior makes it easy to jest:)
I don't think it's big hairy Rex though, Lib - as it turns out, I'M the peeper in that scenario... remind me to get a lock on that bathroom door (blarf!)
And don't judge yourself too harshly, Misty. The PT Cruiser actually belonged to (see if you can follow) the guy's girlfriend's grandfather (sheesh!) I think gramps met his maker a short time ago, though.
wow.... so he peeps in window AND has a girlfriend... (and somehow wound up with her deceased father's car...) poor girl...
This is Jayson -- Not Mindy. From time to time when I am bored, I must confess I sometimes ease drop on your girly-girl blogs . . . third time listener 1st time blogger . . . anyhow, this caught my attention. I am the type that would really get into stake out. Call me if you need back up. I love gadgets and night vision and stakeouts. If fact years ago Mindy when we lived in Novi apartments we use to watch the farmer next door steal water from our apartment building (via garden hose)and we would call the cops and watch the chase -fun yet pathetic, huh? Anyhow, I have a frequent flyer ticket and lots of gadets so have Andy call if he's ready for a weekend stake out.
-Jayson
PS - I hate pervs.
holy crap that is scarey...where do u live??...you have me creeped out now...I hope your hubby catches this creep...keep us posted:)
Hey Mr. Schob! Nice to hear from you - seeing as your post dealt with stakeouts and night-vision goggles, I won't raz you about checking in on the girl's chat:) Andy has been out every night until at least midnight trying to catch this guy. Last night in addition to the neighborhood men, he had 3 guys from the Fire Dept. come along - this really has caught on (but for good reasons!)
We live in this adorable little neighborhood just off the western shore of White Bear Lake; it's refered to it as "old white bear lake" because of its historical charm (it actually used to be a vacation destination for the 1920-1930's mophia with all of its beach cottages, etc.)
Anyway, Andy said something about taking a break tonight becuase he's just exhausted - but I'm sure he'll be sleeping with one eye open nonetheless!
Post a Comment
<< Home