Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Angels Around Me

I'm not talking about the floating, flowey-haired angels that sit atop the Christmas tree, I'm talking about those beautiful people who touch my life in the simplest of ways just as if God himself hand selected them for me and me alone.

The angels on my mind at present are...

(1) There is an elderly man who walks around Birch Lake every morning; I see him on the days I work. Each and every morning I know I can count on his heartfelt smile and good morning wave as we cross paths. No matter how that morning has been, or how my day will play out, I always think about that man and smile.

(2) I was rushing out of a local boutique the other day after work; I had finally taken care of ordering a gift and was mentally going through the rest of my to-do list as I fished my keys from my purse. A woman walked by - we exchanged our smiles but before I could put her out of my head completely she stopped, turned around and said "You look really nice today!" I smiled the entire rest of my day. Call it silly or vain, but I really felt good about that. I immediately vowed to compliment others more often.

and

(3) We attended an Engen family wedding today. Uncle Gary's wedding to be exact. He lost his first wife, Marybeth, to cancer many years ago. Through the years we've been to family functions where we have had the opportunity to meet Marybeth's family. I would like to go out on a limb here and say that Marybeth's father (Mike) is angelic. There is something about this man's eyes that is both peaceful and familiar. Every single time we see each other (which is not very often at all), he seeks us out, remembers our names and the names of our children, and has the most beautiful things to say. I'm thankful for Mike.

1 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

how wonderful. Its nice to see these things that others may not.

I know what u mean anbout seeing someone and thinking there is just something really speacil about this person..its a good feeling..

so if your dishing out cocmpliments..I could use one..LOL

October 02, 2005 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home