Thursday, March 02, 2006

Man Hunt Underway (for our Peeper ?)

As you may recall, my quaint neighborhood was violated last summer (and a season or two before that) by a peeping tom. Thanks in part to the cold weather, and I suppose the mobs of angry fathers & husbands walking the streets and alleyways with baseball bats in hand, we have not seen or heard from creepy peeper guy in a while. Until...

A phone call received from a neighbor friend of mine last night shed light to a possible lead. She was watching the news and recognized the picture of a man named Jeffrey Weiland who lives only 3 blocks away. Being a runner, she recognized him from the running and biking path in our neighborhood - he is a runner himself. She went on to say that Mr. Weiland, who is a sex offender, is on the run (no pun intended) from the authorities for molesting a 12 year old girl back in November. This is evidentially not the first time Mr. Weiland assaulted a young lady; according to the news story, he was convicted twice (yes, TWICE) last year alone for criminal sexual conduct in the area!

For reasons I will never understand, Mr. Weiland's behavior has only labeled him as a level 2 sex offender, and he therefore has not been posted on the national "registered sex offender" list, which has been scanned numerous times by those in my neighborhood in an attempt to track down our peeper. I shudder to think that some asinine law allowing perverts more privacy than they deserve was the only thing that got between Mr. Weiland and his latest 12 year old victim. Had he been on the list, there is a greater chance he would have been monitored for our own neighborhood problem.

After some further discussions about the news story with a coworker, I came to learn that Mr. Weiland used to work at a local athletic supply store, before moving on to one where the recent assaut took place. I am told he is a fitness fanatic and avid runner.

The neighborhood is anxious - we've make our phone calls to one another and are doing our best to get more information on this guy. I can't be 100% certain this is indeed our peeper, but GOOD LORD, I don't want to believe that there are that many sicko's within a 4 block radius. He likes little girls, he lives in the neighborhood and can outrun Andy. That's all the evidence I need to feel 85% sure this is indeed, our creepy peeper guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

oh man...u better move on over to my neck of the woods girl..no peepers here..just my kids and the neighborhood kids might crap in your yard..teehee

March 02, 2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hawk said...

Wow. I guess I don't have anything to say but that. Is there any law person that you can call about this? Or can you only sit and watch all of this unfold?

March 03, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Todays society would say we didn't treat this poor guy well when he was young. Our government didn't 'give' him enough to develope into the kind of person he should be. And most of all he isn't responsible for his own behavior.
I think the ball bat idea and using the Tonya Harding technique on his knee caps and then his head, sounds good to me.
Joke: The police arrested a Peeping Tom by our bedroom window. They were able to catch him because he had fallen asleep.

March 05, 2006 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home