Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"A REAL hockey player?"

As we near the end of Elliott's first hockey season (with a small sigh of relief), we are rewarded with the wonderful news that Elliott's hockey coach was able to pull some strings and arrange a very memorable night for 15 White Bear Lake Mites...

On April 4th, Elliott's hockey team will be scrimmaging between periods during the MN Wild v. St. Louis Blues game at the Excel Energy Center!! Clad in their new hockey jerseys donated by the MN Wild, these 7 and 8 year olds will get a small taste of what it's like to play like the pro's! In addition, they will be able to meet the MN Wild players as they return the ice to the big guys and head back up to their seats.

Dad couldn't wait to break the news to Elliott - and when he did? That child's face lit up brighter than the sun! "Wait dad - I get to be a REAL HOCKEY PLAYER!?"

We purchased our seven (yes, SEVEN) tickets to the game so that grandma, Keith, grandpa and Loretta can join in on the fun with us. I really can't properly express my gratitude for the folks who helped put this into motion!

Also, I think Dad has his own secret count-down calendar hidden somewhere... as the assistant coach, he will be one of the guys escorting the kids down to the ice and back to meet the players. He smiles just as big as Elliott when we talk about it!

So tune in folks! I'm bound to burn through many a memory card on my camera come April 4th and you can bet I'll be plastering my blog full of them!

2 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

oh how fun for him..

I cant wait to hear all about it..

I dont know much about hockey, or any sport for that matter, my mom did meet all the players of the Detroit Red Wings though, had her photo with some of them..

I think they are a hockey team..they play some sprt anyway;)

March 08, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hawk said...

That is awesome! How exciting! I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear the stories. I'm sure that you'll have some to share!

March 09, 2006 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home