Can't Help But Smile (In Spite of Myself)
I love today. At the present time, I'm one of those people who annoy others by being so cheerful, but I can't help it - I'm just having a good day in general. As soon as I get out of the office, we're heading up north to meet the others for a weekend of camping, fishing and bug slapping.
For the first time ever, I am excited to go camping. I don't want you to get the impression that I'm a huge downer when it comes to camping, but let's face it folks; I'm a city gal through and through. I pay good money to sleep on a bed under a real roof, so the idea of trying to sleep in a bug-filled tent that is either too chilly or too steamy only to realize that you've positioned your sleeping bag on the wrong side of a slope ON A ROCK...well, lets just say I don't get a whole lot of rest... I don't whine incessantly or anything, but if you ask me to sit on a bench with a hole in to potty or (worse) squat near a tree... I may just give you a mental right-hook.
Oh, but I said I was looking forward to it, didn't I? And you know what? I really am! Not because I've suddenly connected with the burlap-wear'n, Cabela love'n, mother nature freak inside, but because I really know the boys are going to have a blast. (Yes folks, this is a mommy blog.) I won't go on and on about it, but knowing that the kids are at a great age to fish, explore, make smore's and more? That's enough to make me take my Zyrtec and shut up about it.
Wish me luck all and have a great holiday!
For the first time ever, I am excited to go camping. I don't want you to get the impression that I'm a huge downer when it comes to camping, but let's face it folks; I'm a city gal through and through. I pay good money to sleep on a bed under a real roof, so the idea of trying to sleep in a bug-filled tent that is either too chilly or too steamy only to realize that you've positioned your sleeping bag on the wrong side of a slope ON A ROCK...well, lets just say I don't get a whole lot of rest... I don't whine incessantly or anything, but if you ask me to sit on a bench with a hole in to potty or (worse) squat near a tree... I may just give you a mental right-hook.
Oh, but I said I was looking forward to it, didn't I? And you know what? I really am! Not because I've suddenly connected with the burlap-wear'n, Cabela love'n, mother nature freak inside, but because I really know the boys are going to have a blast. (Yes folks, this is a mommy blog.) I won't go on and on about it, but knowing that the kids are at a great age to fish, explore, make smore's and more? That's enough to make me take my Zyrtec and shut up about it.
Wish me luck all and have a great holiday!


3 Comments:
Have a great time F. I know you will. I think the same way you do about tenting, but I will admit that some of the best times we've had as a family were in tents, trying to get to sleep. Make some good memories.
Have SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! (and see scads of pictures!)
so how was your trip???
did u see any bears?
Post a Comment
<< Home