I need a nap
The town meeting on Monday night brought approximately 200 people in attendance and was only somewhat informative. From what Andy tells me (I didn’t attend), the local police and MN department of corrections were simply offering their reassurances that this guy will be closely monitored and reminded us that he does have rights. They were able to tell us that the sexual encounters he was nailed for were (1) statutory rape and (2) ‘mishandling’ a passed out girl (who was known to him) at a party. When he was busted for burglary with intent to assault, again, it was somebody he knew who had ticked him off; he had therefore broken into their home to do some bodily harm. (Sounds like people are better off not knowing this guy!)
As for other news, Elliott’s hockey team was able to once again participate in the Little Chippers program at the Minnesota Wild hockey game last night. During the first intermission, he and his teammates played a game of hockey in front of a FULL HOUSE at the Xcel Center. I will try to post some pictures soon. Once again, it was an amazing night filled with flashing cameras, amazing kids and proud parents. The Wild played the Phoenix Coyotes last night, whose head coach is Wayne Gretzky. While dropping off Elliott’s hockey bag in their special designated locker room, the kids actually saw the hockey legend walking through the corridor. They were silent with AWE, which is quite a feat for a pack of 16 eager eight year olds!
We continue to hungrily gear up for spring break. Much as I’ve always appreciated the opportunity to get away for a vacation, I think this is the first time I’ve ever felt the *urgent* need to depart. It seems as though we are surrounded by every kind of drama available. On top of wrapping up my own physical issues, I find myself faltering over my lack of action as it relates to my mother’s stormy marriage, my little Noah has decided to destroy anything with significant value in our home and I must honestly confess that if one more person creates another headache-ensuing mountain out of an insignificant molehill, I will have a rap sheet of my very own hanging on the fridge for all to see. I now understand why I recently dreamt of being surrounded by tornadoes.
Well I’ve successfully ranted to the point of exhaustion. As the Advil bottle suggests, I’m going to take 2 and keep away from kids.
As for other news, Elliott’s hockey team was able to once again participate in the Little Chippers program at the Minnesota Wild hockey game last night. During the first intermission, he and his teammates played a game of hockey in front of a FULL HOUSE at the Xcel Center. I will try to post some pictures soon. Once again, it was an amazing night filled with flashing cameras, amazing kids and proud parents. The Wild played the Phoenix Coyotes last night, whose head coach is Wayne Gretzky. While dropping off Elliott’s hockey bag in their special designated locker room, the kids actually saw the hockey legend walking through the corridor. They were silent with AWE, which is quite a feat for a pack of 16 eager eight year olds!
We continue to hungrily gear up for spring break. Much as I’ve always appreciated the opportunity to get away for a vacation, I think this is the first time I’ve ever felt the *urgent* need to depart. It seems as though we are surrounded by every kind of drama available. On top of wrapping up my own physical issues, I find myself faltering over my lack of action as it relates to my mother’s stormy marriage, my little Noah has decided to destroy anything with significant value in our home and I must honestly confess that if one more person creates another headache-ensuing mountain out of an insignificant molehill, I will have a rap sheet of my very own hanging on the fridge for all to see. I now understand why I recently dreamt of being surrounded by tornadoes.
Well I’ve successfully ranted to the point of exhaustion. As the Advil bottle suggests, I’m going to take 2 and keep away from kids.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home