Monday, February 28, 2005

Game Day

After a wonderful girly morning at Libby’s “non-shower”, complete with good food, great conversation and forget-me-not red nail polish, I made it back to White Bear Lake just in time to catch the last half of Elliott’s very first hockey game. Libby was kind enough to drop mom and I curbside, (which would have seemed rather eloquent had it not been at the White Bear Lake Hippodrome!) Mom and I strode to the ice-side cheering section clad in our funky leather boots and jackets to find the rest of our crew. If I thought the look of gratitude to see me on Andy’s face was priceless, the look on Elliott’s face as he skated by dang near drove me to tears. Something about that little boy’s big grin does it to me every time! He did such a great job – really. After only practicing clinical’s all winter, I figured it would be “cute” to watch the kids play their little token game. Man! I found out that my son is very capable of being a defenseman. Not that he was over physical this early in the game, but the stare downs! Kids literally got out of Elliott’s way based on nothing other than the look on his face. It was so comical to watch this game face turn to mush, however, when he would skate by his family – then it was nothing by smiles and waves.

The game ended with a score of 2-2 (although Elliott contends his team had 3 pionts...) We celebrated with a pizza party and a lot of laughs over the video footage. What a great and well-rounded Saturday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

SO GREAT! I'm glad Elliott is enjoying hockey so much! And I'm glad you're enjoying being a mom so much. You're an inspiration to take the 2 kid leap!
--and tell Elliott to keep up that glower!

March 04, 2005 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home